It’s often the case that we get bombarded and harassed by unknown numbers. This can become an annoyance and lead to frustration. If you’re one of the unlucky ones getting spammed with calls, messages or even FaceTime calls, there is a solution. Apple has designed a quick and easy way of blocking the nuisance calls from contacting you. Below are a number of methods of blocking numbers*.
Blocking a Number
1. Open the Phone app from your home screen
2. Tap on the Recent Calls list located on the bottom tab of the screen
3. Locate the contact that you want to block and tap the ‘i’ Info symbol next to their name/number
4. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap ’Block this Caller’
Blocking Contacts on Messages and Facetime
1. Open the Settings Menu located on you home screen
2.Scroll down to Messages/Facetime
3. Scroll down the screen to find and click ‘Blocked’
4. Tap ‘Add New’ to scroll down your contacts list to find the contact you wish to block
Blocking Contacts Straight From Message Thread
1. Tap on the message thread and click ‘Details’ on the top right of the screen
2. Proceed to click on the ‘i’ Info symbol on the right
3. Scroll down the contacts information and click ‘Block this Caller’
*These methods can only be carried out if you have the number/contact in your iPhone’s contact or recent calls list.