During the London 2012 Olympic Games, Cellhire provided O2 solutions for over 22,500 business customers for use throughout the Olympic and Paralympic events. The ‘Innovation Award’ was presented to Cellhire for their outstanding contribution to O2’s Olympic Strategy and the collaborative way that Cellhire worked with their organization and customers in the UK, Spain and throughout the world. It is the first time an award of this nature has been presented by O2 to one of its partners.
David Plumb, General Manager for Enterprise at Telefonica O2 UK says, “Working in collaboration with our partners is a key strategy within the O2 business channel. There is no better example of this than the outstanding way that Cellhire worked with Telefónica O2 over the summer. The feedback directly from customers showed that Cellhire remain the world leaders in the mobile rental market with outstanding customer service.”
Key customers involved in the overall success included:
- Olympic Teams from Britain, USA, Canada, Holland, Brazil, France, Spain, Argentina, Slovakia, Australia and Japan teams.
- Paralympic Teams from Britain, USA, Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Slovakia.
- Media customers from the BBC, BskyB, Reuters, Press Association, Xinhua, Bell, NBC and many more international TV and Radio journalists from USA, Canada, Germany, Spain, Japan, China, Brazil, Australia and South Africa.
- Many major Olympics sponsors such as Coca-Cola, McDonalds, Visa, BP, Adidas, Thomas Cook, BMW, Samsung, Dow, Lloyds TSB, Cadburys and BT.
- Enterprise Companies such as Arriva, First Group, Transport for London, Co-op, Serco, BAA.
Matt Bennett, Cellhire’s UK Managing Director said, “The Olympics has dominated a large part of 2012 and whilst we are very pleased with the business outcome, as were our customers, it was a real privilege to be recognized by our network partner with an award for Innovation, the first award of its kind in O2’s history”.
Working in collaboration with the O2 team and using the O2 network, Cellhire was able to create a wide range of voice and data tariffs for clients, all supported by 24/7 customer service and technical support.
Cellhire also worked very closely with other parts of Telefonica and were able to provide solutions to Telefonica’s key customers in Spain, Germany, China, USA and South America.